NEWS
Wednesday May 15 2019
Marcos Llorente to swap Real Madrid for Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid could raid Real Madrid for their midfielder Marcos Llorente this summer, according to a report in El Mundo Deportivo.

Los Rojiblancos fear that midfielder Rodri will leave the club this summer should his €70m release clause be activated, with Manchester City and Bayern Munich among the clubs linked.

Llorente has never been a regular in Madrid’s starting line-up and previous reports have claimed that both Manchester United and Arsenal are interested in a deal.

The central midfielder had been in line for a January loan move to Basque club Alaves but this was scrapped due to his performances, but after a promising run of form he suffered an injury setback.

The 24-year-old has made 37 senior appearances for the club, scoring twice, but has made just five La Liga appearances this campaign and Zidane has publicly said he should leave the club on loan.

“Marcos needs more first-team minutes,” Zidane told reporters last month.

“He was incredible during the season where he played (on loan) at Alaves (in the 2016-17 campaign) and a similar situation would be the best-case scenario for him again.”

Transfermarkt rates Llorente’s transfer value at €15m while it is also claimed that Roma have registered an interest.

Earlier reports in Marca say that Zinedine Zidane has personally told the midfielder he can leave the club this summer.

Football Italia website