NEWS
Friday March 22 2019
Thomas Partey considering Atletico Madrid exit

Thomas Partey is set to meet with Atletico Madrid over his future with fears that the midfielder could have his €50m release clause activated this summer.

Diario AS cites a report in The Ghana Guardian that the versatile midfielder is considering a departure with both Manchester City and Inter said to be interested.

There are a number of possible departures from Atleti this summer – Juanfran, Diego Godin and Filipe Luis are all out of contract while the futures of Saul Niguez, Antoine Griezmann and Lucas Hernandez are all under scrutiny.

Thomas, 25, has started just 15 La Liga matches from a possible 28 so far this season despite steering clear of injuries and suspensions.

“Sometimes I do not feel happy at Atletico,” Thomas told TV station Gol, as cited by Diario AS, back in December.

“If you want to change this feeling then you need to be playing in important games and feeling stronger, more confident.

“I have played well so far this season when I have been on the pitch.”

Midfielder Rodri arrived at the Wanda Metropolitano from Villarreal last summer and has become a regular in Diego Simeone’s side, while Saul Niguez and Koke are other fixtures in the first-team.

Football Italia website