NEWS
Tuesday March 12 2019
Real Madrid approach for Chelsea's Eden Hazard

Real Madrid have made an approach for Chelsea star Eden Hazard following the appointment of Zinedine Zidane, according to reports.

The Belgium international has long been linked with a move to the European champions and last month he told the media that he has “already made a decision” over his future.

The 28-year-old has never hidden his admiration for Zidane and the Frenchman’s reappointment in Madrid’s hotseat could prove decisive in the approach, report the Daily Telegraph.

The playmaker has also said this year that he “did not want any regrets” on his career in the latest of a long-running line of hints that he would be open to a move to Madrid.

Last month, The London Evening Standard claims the Chelsea star, whose contract at Stamford Bridge expires in June 2020, is now tipped for a move to the Spanish capital this summer.

Madrid are likely to redouble their efforts in the close season, in order to have the Belgium international in place ahead of the 2019-20 campaign.

Football Italia website