NEWS
Thursday January 17 2019
Celta Vigo's Stanislav Lobotka not talking with Napoli, insists agent

The agent of Celta Vigo midfielder Stanislav Lobotka has denied reports that Napoli are interested in signing his client this month.

Italian transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio has said the Serie A giants want the Slovakian international on a €2m loan deal with an €18m option to buy permanently in summer.

The 24-year-old has a €50m release clause in his contract with the Galician club while Napoli reportedly had a €35m bid rejected last summer.

“There is no official offer from Napoli,” Branislav Jasurek told Radio Marte, as cited by El Desmarque.

“There has been no offer of any real value and I do not have the feeling that Stanislav will move to Naples, even in the last few days.

“Everyone knows that last year there were a lot of frequent contacts between Napoli and my client but these contacts are not as frequent anymore.

“There are many other clubs that have looked at him and we are open to possibilities that would allow him to move to a bigger club, to play in European football.

“Stanislav is a Celta player and he will continue to do the best for his club.”

Lobotka joined Celta in 2017 from Danish club Nordsjaelland in a reported €4m deal but has found opportunities more limited this season, not helped by an ankle injury.

Football Italia website