Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has ‘no plans’ to bring Neymar and has appeared to rule out the possibility of January signings.
The Blaugrana chief was speaking to El Matí de Catalunya Ràdio on Monday and poured cold water on the speculation that the Brazilian forward would return to the club.
“Neymar left and is not expected to return to Barca, there are no plans to bring him back,” Bartomeu said in his interview.
“No one is scheduled to be signed in January, unless we are told something that would see a change in plans.
“This is a smaller squad because there are B players who have given strong signals that they can be on the first team.
"Ernesto Valverde? He has a contract here for this season and next. We are very happy with Ernesto, who is clear with his model and has coherence with us."
Neymar left Barca last year to join PSG in a world record €222m deal but speculation in recent weeks had linked the forward to both the Catalan giants and Real Madrid.