NEWS
Thursday August 2 2018
Rayo chief slams Celta over Beltran

Rayo Vallecano President Raul Martin Presa has slammed Celta Vigo over their handling of the signing of Fran Beltran.

The highly-rated 19-year-old midfielder joined the Galicians for a reported €8m this week, penning a five-year deal after his buyout clause was triggered, but the signing has left a bitter taste in the mouth of Presa, who has accused Celta of acting ‘unethically’.

“This morning Fran Beltran and Celta sporting director Felipe Minambres went to the Spanish Football Association to deposit the player’s buy-out clause,” Presa told assembled media.

“We only learned that at 11.30pm as our own sporting director David Cobeno received a phone call from Beltran’s agent that the sale was going ahead – something we refused.

“We have been trying since last June to improve his contract, particularly since he said he loved Rayo so much, but we had no choice because when we found out he had already signed.

“As usual with Celta, they have acted unethically and nobody warned us. Education is something you either have or you don’t, and you’ve either attended ethics classes or you haven’t.

“We wish Fran the best of luck, which we believe he could have had here, but the first thing to do is to talk to the club.

“In fact, Real Betis rang me yesterday, but we didn’t receive any call from Celta,” said Presa, who was visibly angry at the matter.

Beltran has represented Spain at both Under-18 and Under-19 level.

 

See the latest La Liga predictions and betting tips with Eurotips.co.uk

Football Italia website