NEWS
Thursday July 12 2018
Barca confirm Sevilla's Clement Lenglet

Barcelona have completed the signing of Sevilla defender Clement Lenglet after triggering his €35m release clause, it has been confirmed.

Lenglet is the second arrival of the summer at the Camp Nou following a deal for Gremio midfielder Arthur Melo.

The 23-year-old central defender has impressed for Los Rojiblancos in a turbulent season for the club, helping guide them to the Copa del Rey final and last eight of the Champions League.

Joaquin Caparros - Sevilla’s new Director of Football – had previously confirmed the Catalan giants have made approaches for the central defender but that these have been rejected.

“Sevilla have always said we will not negotiate on Lenglet,” Caparros told Marca last week.

“Barca have been trying to negotiate with us but we have made our position very clear, the only option they have is to pay the release clause.

“Lenglet is a Sevilla player and he took his physical tests this week just like the rest of our squad and he is in our plans for our preseason.

“We have no ambition to negotiate on this.”

Lenglet was the penultimate arrival at the Andalusian club under sporting director Monchi, signing from Ligue 1 outfit Nancy in January 2017.

See the latest La Liga predictions and betting tips with Eurotips.co.uk

Football Italia website