NEWS
Tuesday January 30 2018
Chelsea target Luis Enrique

Chelsea have targeted former Barcelona Coach Luis Enrique to take over at Stamford Bridge should Antonio Conte depart this year, say reports.

Enrique, who has also previously managed both Celta Vigo and Roma, is said to be the London club’s desired managerial replacement should the position become vacant this summer.

Conte’s contract at Stamford Bridge does not expire until June 2019 but there are fears he will leave this summer and the London Evening Standard believes the 47-year-old, who is currently a free agent, will replace him.

The report also states that former Barca and Chelsea full-back Juliano Belletti would be instilled as sporting director at the English champions.

Enrique was linked to the vacant Sevilla managerial job last month but he reportedly told the Andalucian club he did not wish to take any job in the middle of the season.

See the latest La Liga predictions and betting tips with Eurotips.co.uk

Football Italia website