NEWS
Tuesday November 7 2017
City push for January Martin deal?

Manchester City are actively pursuing a deal for Espanyol full-back Aaron Martin and will try to sign him in January, according to reports.

The 20-year-old has starred for the Catalan club this season, starting all 11 La Liga matches for Quique Sanchez Flores’s side this campaign.

Diario Sport cites a report in ESPN that City have been extensively scouting the Spain Under-21 international and have given the thumbs up for a move following a fine display against Real Betis last week.

City are said to be hopeful of adding a left-back in the winter due to a long-term injury for Benjamin Mendy, who may not return to action before April.

Also said to be catching the attention of City’s rivals United, Aaron has a €30m release clause at  the RCDE Stadium which is said to increase to €40m by June 2018.

See the latest La Liga predictions and betting tips with Eurotips.co.uk

Football Italia website