There was 15 Copa del Rey fixtures across Spain this Wednesday evening, with some intriguing results thrown up.
Fuenlabrada beat Mallorca on penalties after drawing 2-2 with them in 120 minutes. Malaga needed extra time to beat Real Oviedo at La Rosaleda.
The most remarkable result, however, was undoubtedly Segunda B side Cornella pulling off a remarkable upset to beat La Liga leaders Atletico Madrid 1-0.
The result was all the more remarkable given Cornella have lost their last three league games, including against the B teams of Espanyol and Barcelona. It means Atletico have lost to more third-tier teams than Primera teams since January 18th, 2020.
- La Nucia 0-1 Elche
- Numancia 1-2 Almeria
- Portugalete 1-2 Levante
- Socuellamos 0-2 Leganes
- Club Haro Deportivo 1-3 Rayo Vallecano
- Leonesa 1-2 Granada (after extra time)
- Navalcarnero 1-0 Las Palmas
- U. Mutilvera 1-3 Real Betis
- UD Cornella 1-0 Atletico Madrid
- Burgos CF 0-2 Espanyol
- Deportivo la Coruna 0-1 Deportivo Alaves
- UE Olot 0-3 Osasuna
- Castellon 0-2 Tenerife
- Fuenlabrada 2-2 Mallorca (Fuenlabrada win after penalties)
- Malaga 1-0 Real Oviedo (after extra time)