Barcelona are confident in their attempts to sign a new forward this month, insists Coach Quique Setien.
The Blaugrana will find out if they are allowed by La Liga to sign a contracted player from another Spanish club this month following a long-term injury for Ousmane Dembele, who will not feature again this campaign.
That followed on from a similar season-ending injury to main striker Luis Suarez, while Abel Ruiz and Carles Perez were both sold by the Catalan giants last month.
“The club is trying to ensure that a player is going to arrive, but let’s see if they (La Liga) allow us to do that, firstly,” Setien told his press conference on Friday, as cited by El Mundo.
“It is clear that they should accept it and I also suppose that the club is already working on this going through.
“Signing a new forward is preferable for us because Dembélé’s injury disrupted us a lot and puts us at risk.
“But we will always find a plan. In the end, you have to play with eleven and we will do that. We will find the solution and the way, for sure.
“I will always be prepared for what I work with. Everyone would like to be better, but we will adapt to the conditions.”
Setien refused to give any names that the club was actively pursuing, and he refused to follow up on comments from Real Betis boss Rubi that Loren Moron would not be leaving Betis.
Rubi said the striker was 99.9% likely to remain in Seville: “If Rubi said that, I don’t know anything. I’m just going to talk about the players who are here.
“Others are not my players and I have nothing to say about them.”
Getafe striker Angel Rodriguez, and Alaves frontman Lucas Perez are said to be two possibilites for the Catalan club, with the option of Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose now discarded, according to El Mundo Deportivo.
A report in El Mundo Deportivo on Thursday claimed that Levante striker Roger Marti – who has 10 La Liga goals to date this campaign – has emerged as the frontrunner.