Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has assured forward Ousmane Dembele that the club want him to stay, report Marca.
The 22-year old has endured two campaigns blighted by injury at the Camp Nou and it has been reported that there is growing frustration over his continued fitness issues.
It is said that the club president held a meeting with the player’s agent on Wednesday in which it was made categorically clear that the club ‘was counting on Ousmane’ for future years.
The France international netted 14 goals this season but had been restricted to just 20 starts in La Liga and failed to sustain a run of games without further injuries.
It is said that Barca need to sell first-team squad players in order to fund further reinforcements and Dembele’s future had been question in light of the club’s interest in re-signing Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain.
It has been claimed that both Dembele and Philippe Coutinho could be sold by the Catalan giants this summer in order to finance a return for the Brazilian star.