Real Madrid have denied reports of a reduced release clause for star forward Cristiano Ronaldo, according to fresh reports in the Spanish press.
On Thursday, OK Diario stated the Portuguese star’s clause at the European champions had been reduced from €1 billion to €120m, which would open the door to a summer exit.
Now ABC say they have contacted the club directly and they have rejected any idea of such a reduction, stating that there has been no shift in the forward’s situation.
The Portuguese star’s future has come under growing scrutiny in recent times due to his high-profile tax case, the club’s pursuit of Neymar and his wages in comparison to other global stars.
Following Madrid’s third successive Champions League title last month, the 33-year-old told reporters: “It has been great here at Real Madrid; I'll speak in the coming days.”
Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes is said to have been working on a possible exit route for the former Sporting CP and Manchester United star.
The player has been routinely linked with an exit from the Bernabeu but no move has come to fruition for the star, who joined Madrid in 2009.