VILLARREAL STADIUM INFO

El Madrigal
Address
Avienda Blasco Ibanez, 2, 12540 Vila-real (Castellon)
Capacity
25,000
Pitch dimensions
105x68m
Location
Villarreal

Opened in 1923, El Madrigal takes its name from the rural land on which it is built. It first underwent remodelling works in 1952, while a small covered stand was erected in the 1960s and a new south stand built the following decade, when the first floodlit games took place.

The main stand was later demolished and replaced in 1989, with the south stand suffering a similar fate 10 years later when the stadium underwent a major revamp. A new northern stand was subsequently constructed and a VIP section put in place to bring the ground into line with modern football stadia.

Football Italia website