The Estadio Municipal de Ipurua is a multi-purpose stadium that was built in 1947 and has a fully seated capacity of 5,250. It was inaugurated the same year with a game between Eibar and local rivals Elgoibar and the following year work began on a main stand, which was finally opened in 1951.
The ground remained relatively undeveloped until 1970, when the popular end was covered and the roof of the main stand extended, while floodlights were also installed with a match between neighbours Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao being played to celebrate the occasion.
In 1998 the club received funding from the local authorities and the Spanish League to remodel Ipurua, with the original main stand being demolished and a new, full-length covered stand built, its 2,800 seats consisting of over half the ground’s capacity.
A year later work started on refurbishing the stands at either end, with the construction of a roof over the narrow north terrace completed in 2001, while a new drainage system and playing surface were also installed.
Image source: sdeibar.com