BARCELONA NEWS

Luis Enrique has denied that the Barcelona players have suffered lasting effects from losing to Real Madrid last week.
Former Barcelona President Joan Laporta has refused to rule out again standing in club elections after legal action was settled in his favour.
Barcelona defender Marc Bartra has expressed surprise that Luis Suarez wasn’t on the list of candidates to win the Ballon d’Or.
The Coach of the Brazil Olympic football team has revealed he intends to call Barcelona forward Neymar for the 2016 tournament.
Michael Krohn Dehli claims Camp Nou holds no fear for him ahead of the weekend clash with Barcelona.
Director of football Andoni Zubizarreta has hit back at critics of the age of boss Luis Enrique’s Barcelona team.
Former Real Madrid director of football Jorge Valdano believes Lionel Messi has lost something from his game this season.
Barcelona boss Luis Enrique said the attitude of his players had been good in Supercopa de Catalunya defeat of Espanyol.
Fabio Capello has revealed that he once asked to take a young Lionel Messi on loan when he was in charge at Juventus.
Luis Enrique admits he is looking forward to the Supercopa de Catalunya game with Espanyol on Wednesday.
Carlo Ancelotti has shrugged off Xavi Hernandez’s comments after last weekend’s El Clasico, saying they were not meant to be disrespectful.
Espanyol boss Sergio Gonzalez says his team will be giving all they have in the Supercopa de Catalunya game with Barcelona on Wednesday.
Luis Suarez’s fitness Coach with Uruguay says the ‘fat’ insults the Barcelona man received were a stunt dreamed up by the Press.
Barcelona could appeal against the dismissal of the legal action against President Joan Laporta [pictured] and 16 of his fellow ex-directors.
Barcelona boss Luis Enrique insists Lionel Messi was fully fit for last weekend’s Clasico at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Pep Guardiola has congratulated former Barcelona President Joan Laporta after he and 16 fellow ex-directors had a legal action dismissed.
Chelsea are reportedly planning a January swoop for Gerard Pique as they seek a long-term replacement for John Terry.
James Rodriguez says he knew Real Madrid would mount a comeback in El Clasico despite Barcelona taking an early lead.
Atletico Madrid are understood to be keen to take Barcelona winger Gerard Deulofeu to the Vicente Calderon.
Newcastle United striker Ayoze Perez claims he turned down both Real Madrid and Barcelona this summer.
Andoni Zubizarreta believes midfielder Andres Iniesta commands respect from his peers because of his approachability.
Former Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen believes Luis Enrique made a mistake in starting Luis Suarez in El Clasico.
Reports in the British Press claim Arsenal will make a January move for Barcelona forward Pedro Rodriguez.
Luka Modric doesn’t believe Barcelona were under par against Real Madrid but rather Madrid were so good Barca paled in comparison.
Lionel Messi needed a painkiller to play for Barcelona against Real Madrid, it has been reported in Spain.
Barcelona will be without Andres Iniesta for the next four games after the midfielder was injured in the defeat to Real Madrid.
Jeremy Mathieu has revealed he was surprised to be put at left-back as Barcelona lost to Real Madrid but deferred to Luis Enrique.
Claudio Bravo believes Barcelona could have beaten Real Madrid in El Clasico but Los Blancos’ counter-attacks were too good.
Xavi Hernandez rued the chances missed by Barcelona against Real Madrid and the poor second half that allowed Los Blancos to win El Clasico.
Luis Suarez has said he will look back on his Barcelona debut with mixed emotions after defeat to Real Madrid.

Football Italia website