NEWS
Wednesday September 6 2017
Iniesta denies Bartomeu deal claims

Andres Iniesta has denied claims by Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu that he had ‘an agreement in principle’ for a contract renewal.

The 33-year-old is out of contract at the Camp Nou next summer but the Blaugrana’s president told reporters earlier this week that a new deal was all agreed.

“Can I confirm the beginning of a renewal agreement with Bartomeu? No, I can not,” Iniesta told reporters upon his  return from international duty, according to Diario Sport.

"There is no truth to that."

The Spain international has spent 21 years at the Camp Nou after joining the club’s La Masia youth academy from Albacete, and has made 632 official first-team appearances.

Iniesta is reported increasingly open to a move away from the Catalan giants next summer, rumours which have intensified due to his reluctance to put pen to paper on a new deal.

Follow the stars and start making more informed bets with StrataBet.
Sign Up for FREE now!
Football Italia website