NEWS
Wednesday September 6 2017
Costa returns to Chelsea training

Diego Costa has returned to London to train with Chelsea and speed up his move to Atletico Madrid, say reports in Spain.

Both Marca and Diario AS report the Spain international’s return to the English capital after spending nearly three months in Brazil.

The 28-year-old had been told by Chelsea Coach Antonio Conte he had no future at Stamford Bridge and was told to find a new club, which he then insisted would be a return to Atletico.

However, Los Rojiblancos are under a player registration ban until January 2018 and the two clubs could not find an amiable solution.

Relations then plummeted further between the striker and the Premier League champions, whom he said were treating him ‘like a criminal’.

Costa is now said to have received calls from sporting director Andrea Berta, Coach Diego Simeone and former Atleti teammates Tiago and Filipe Luis, advising him to return to Chelsea to speed up a move.

He has now been included in the club’s Premier League squad but not in their Champions League list, further hinting at a departure.

Football Italia website