NEWS
Sunday June 15 2014
Enrique advises Dos Santos to leave

Barcelona Coach Luis Enrique is said to have told Jonathan Dos Santos he should leave the club this summer.

Sport reports that Enrique has advised the Mexican should start afresh elsewhere and continue his development as a player, rather than remain on the fringes at Camp Nou.

Dos Santos debuted in October 2009 and became part of the first team three years later, but has played only 78 minutes for La Blaugrana since then.

A serious injury last year hampered his progress but Dos Santos was offered to Real Sociedad this summer as part of Barca’s bid for goalkeeper Claudio Bravo.

Dos Santos rejected the move and wants to see out his Barca contract, which expires next year, but Enrique has said it would be better for him to move on sooner as he won’t be in his plans.

However, Enrique is understood to have added that the club will respect Dos Santos’ decision, despite the player rejecting what were considered good offers from interested parties.

Think you know your Spanish football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ESPANA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES

Football Italia website