Carlo Ancelotti was impressed with his players in Real Madrid’s 3-0 Copa del Rey win over Atletico Madrid.
Goals from Pepe, Jese and Angel Di Maria gave Los Blancos a commanding victory in the semi-final first-leg, with the return to come at Vicente Calderon next week.
“The result is very good and so is the performance, but we have to be careful because we have played only the first-half,” Ancelotti said at his post-match Press conference.
“Next week we play the second-half and we have to do the same.
“Today though I am completely satisfied.”
Ancelotti was asked to compare his Madrid side today to the Madrid side beaten by Atletico in the League earlier in the season.
“We have changed a lot,” he replied.
“Especially in the nature of our play and also because we are a more compact team.
“Today we worked well and I think my players have played a very good game.
“The result is very good but Atletico will do everything possible to recover the tie.
“They are a strong and aggressive team. We have to prepare well, like we did for tonight.”
Atletico will be without Diego Costa for the second-leg after the forward was booked in what was a feisty encounter.
“He’s a very dangerous player,” Ancelotti said of Costa.
“The game was intense and there were some crossed words but in the end everything went well.
“The game had a lot of aggression which is why there were so many fouls.”
Gareth Bale missed the game but Ancelotti revealed the Wales international is likely to play this weekend against Villarreal, particularly with Cristiano Ronaldo facing a three-game suspension, pending appeal.
“I preferred to rest Bale today,” Ancelotti said.
“On Saturday I may not be able to use Cristiano so a fresh Bale will be good.
“Everyone knows that Jese is a very, very important player for us.
“I think all the players have done a fantastic job and we’ll see if he plays on Saturday. Bale probably will.”
Ancelotti, who described the performance of his back four as “perfect”, moved on to discussing the Ronaldo suspension further.
“Nobody is happy about this. Three games is not normal,” the Italian argued.
“So we made an appeal and it would be normal to remove some games.”
Think you know your Spanish football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!