Carlo Ancelotti has denied a report in France that suggested he had told his Paris Saint-Germain players that he would be staying for next season.
The Italian has so far followed up reports that he is leaving PSG in the summer for a possible switch to Real Madrid with confirmation only that he remains undecided on his future.
Whilst it was otherwise assumed that he would be leaving the Parisians at the end of the season, a report from RMC on Sunday suggested that he had in fact told his players at the weekend that he intends to stay with PSG for 2013-14.
“No, I have not spoken to the players,” Ancelotti told reporters in response to this.
“I am surprised by this rumour. I will be meeting with the club at the end of the season.
“I have not made a decision about my future.”
Think you know your Spanish football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!