NEWS
Tuesday November 20 2012
Llorente ‘tired of saying sorry’

Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente says he is tired of apologising following his latest spat with the Basque club.

Llorente has refused to sign a contract extension at San Mames and on Monday declined to attend a Press conference, something the club made public, although the Spanish international believes there were mitigating circumstances.

It turned out the player had previously agreed to do an interview with Telebilbao, where he later commented on the incident.

“I cannot be in two places at the same time and I’ve not disobeyed anyone. They only notified me as I was leaving training and as I’d already agreed to do this interview I couldn’t be in both places at once,” explained Llorente, who says he is fed up of apologising and the way in which he is being treated.

“I’m tired of saying sorry. I’ve had some difficult moments and at times it has got me down.

“The incidents at Lezama – Bielsa allegedly expelled him from training – were the most unpleasant I’ve experienced, but nevertheless I still feel wanted. For me Athletic is everything and I’ll always be grateful to them.

“I’ve had some magnificent years and I hope to be remembered as a player who gave everything when he was here.”

Play the world's most challenging Fantasy Football Game by building your Team from Europe's best 5 leagues. Pick your favourite stars including Luis Suarez, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi to compete against friends.

FOOTBALL ESPANA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES

Football Italia website